Just A Few Allergies
• Allergic Rhinitis
• Cockroach Allergy
• Drug Allergies
• Eye Allergy
• Insect Sting Allergy
• Latex Allergy
• Mold Allergy
• Sinus Infection
Suffering With Allergies?
You can reduce or eliminate your symptoms without medication and without living your life in a box. Mullica Hill Medical now offers Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy services. Ask your primary care provider about Allergy Testing, and Immunotherapy. We can help you feel better!
What is an allergy and why do I have it now?
Your immune system provides a very valuable service in protecting your body from infection and disease. But your immune system can overreact to a harmless substance, releasing chemicals known as histamines, leukotrienes and prostaglandins. It is these chemicals that trigger the allergic symptoms you may be experiencing.
An allergy can develop at any time in a person’s life, and they often develop when we’re young. Allergies often develop from a combination of factors, particularly genetics and environment. A child with one parent who has allergies has genetic predisposition that increases their risk of developing allergies by 50%. The risk increases to 70% if both the child’s parents are allergy sufferers.
Allergies can also lead to other medical conditions including:
• Migraine headaches
• Sleep disorders
• Sinusitis (chronic nasal congestion)
• Nasal polyps (non-cancerous, teardrop-shaped growths that form in the nose or sinuses)
Immediate Help is Available
You do not have to simply live with your allergies, and there is help beyond medication or avoiding allergens to the point where it negatively impacts your life. There are two powerful steps to taking control of your allergies and limiting your symptoms: Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy. Both are available right here in your doctor’s office.
Allergy skin testing is a simple, painless way to learn if you are suffering from allergies. About 8 out of 10 people who have allergic rhinitis (nasal itching, stuffiness, or congestion) go undiagnosed and untreated. An allergy test can identify the cause(s) of your allergies and put you on a path to treatment and relief. An allergy skin test can be performed quickly in the comfort of your doctor’s office. It really is that simple, painless, and with fast results.
Immunotherapy is the best way to manage your allergies with the least amount of medication. You can break free of antihistamines or steroid treatments and gain a long-term solution to minimize your allergy symptoms.
According to Consumer Reports, only 1 in 4 allergy sufferers are highly satisfied with prescription medications, with the satisfaction rate for over-the- counter medication even lower.
Research shows that Immunotherapy + medication delivers a significant reduction in symptoms versus medication alone.
A recent study showed that parents of children with allergic rhinitis saved over $5,000.00 in treatment costs over 18 months when opting for Immunotherapy versus non-Immunotherapy treatments.
Immunotherapy = Real Savings
A recent study demonstrated the following cost reductions from receiving Immunotherapy versus other treatment options without Immunotherapy:
• Year 1: Symptoms Improve
• Year 2: Cost savings of 15%
• Year 3: Cost savings of 48%
Know Your Allergies
Review this symptom chart to see if what you are experiencing could possibly be caused by allergies:
It’s Time to End Your Suffering
Why suffer needlessly with allergies? Help is waiting for you; real help that can reduce or end allergy symptoms permanently. Talk with us today about what allergy testing and Immunotherapy can do for you—and put you and your family on a path to relief!
Allergies and Asthma
Most people with asthma also have allergies. Starting treatment with allergy shots can greatly improve your quality of life if you suffer from asthma.
(Click Here for)
Studies show that 20% of asthma sufferers who have the treatment go completely off of their inhalers and the other 80% use significantly less medication to control their symptoms.
This connection between Asthma and Allergies is so important that the National Institutes of Health recommends that all people with asthma should be allergy tested and be treated with allergy shots if they have positive results and allergy symptoms.
Allergy Symptom Screening